The Therapeutics Division is devoted to providing year round leisure opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities. The goal of the TR Division is to promote a positive, safe and fun recreation experience for all participants. To help us provide the best possible experience, please be mindful of the following policies:
- Registration is required for most programs offered in the TR Division.
- Registration is available online, in person or by phone. Voicemail registrations will not be accepted. Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Registrations for all programs (with exception to Respite) will begin on the first registration date listed. Details for each program can be found by clicking on the program's online code.
- For Respite, registration will open at 9am on the first registration date listed. Respite registration will only be available online.
- Some programs have limited enrollment. If a program closes due to maximum enrollment, names will automatically be put on a waiting list. Participants will be contacted if additional space becomes available.
- Payment is due for online and in personal registrations to secure a spot for a program. Payment is due within 5 days for by phone registrations.
- Cash and check payments can only be made in person at our Franklin Recreation Complex, Longview Recreation Center (Spring Hill), and Williamson County Complex at Nolensville facilities.
- Credit card payments will only be accepted online or at the front desk kiosk at any of the three locations listed above. A small, non-refundable processing fee is collected for all credit card transactions.
Refunds by check or credits to accounts can be requested up to 24 hours before the program. After that point, most programs are non refundable unless your spot can be filled by someone off the waiting list. Processing fees are non refundable. Please allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks for refunds by check.
Appropriate social behavior is encouraged in all programs. The TR staff will do their best to ensure each participant's success. If, in the opinion of the TR staff, a participant's behavior becomes detrimental to the group or to themselves, a parent/legal guardian will be contacted to pick up the participant immediately.
- TR staff cannot administer medication, with exception to those needed in life threatening situations (ex. Epipen for tree nut/peanut allergies or medication to stop a seizure).
- For PALS Programs, if a participant is independent and needs medication, the participant must be able to administer their own medication.
- For programs offering personal care (Respite, Camp Will), only a nurse can administer medications. If a nurse is not present, TR staff cannot administer medication in their absence.
- Due to staff to participant ratio for some programs, a caregiver is required to stay with those needing support or personal care. Participant criteria is listed with each program description.
DROP OFF/PICK UP FOR PROGRAMS
- When arriving at a program, parents/legal guardians are encouraged to sign in the participant and leave a number where they can be reached...if if the participant has a cell phone!
- If a participant is to be picked up by someone other than the parent/legal guardian/caregiver, please notify the TR staff at the beginning of the program.
- Parents/legal guardians/caregivers are encouraged to pick up their participants. Due to staff to participant ratios, TR staff cannot walk participants out to the parking lot.
For inclement weather updates on facility closures, please call the department's Inclement Weather Hotline at (615) 591-8524. Information regarding program cancellations due to inclement weather will be listed on our website and other various social media, and at the front desk of the facility where the program is taking place.
We have a monthly Registration Reminder e-mail service for our participants and their families. The e-mails include program registration start and end dates, as well as Inclement Weather information. The Registration Reminder is divided into three categories:
- Teens and Up (Potluck & Bingo, Recreation Night, Games Galore, etc)
- Camp Will
If you would like to receive a monthly reminder, please do the following...
- E-mail Jayne McFadden: email@example.com
- In the subject area of your e-mail, put "Registration Request"
- In the content of the e-mail, put the category you wish to receive reminders about. You may request more than one category.
For questions, please call Jayne McFadden at (615) 790-5719 ext. 2033.